Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 3

This is Aegis (right) and Gideon (left); before Gideon went to his new home.
Today was Aegis' first day out of the kid pen. We have kept him confined while he got to know us a bit, and while he got used to our herd. Since I planned to be outside working most of the day, it seemed like a good opportunity.

I attached my heaviest lead rope to his collar since I had no idea how he would react to being outside the pen. As soon as I opened the gate, he calmly walked the perimeter of the back yard then went out to the browse field with the goats. What a great dog!


I kept the lead rope on him for about a half hour until I was sure he wasn't going to start testing fences or doing any puppy play with the goats, he passed his first test with flying colors. He is certainly keeping a watchful eye on his goaties.

No comments:

Post a Comment