Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fresh Food

Aegis is finally coming around to the fact that kibble is not an option here. Now if we can just get him to eat all his food before the chickens take it!

He finished his morning meal completely raw (we've been partially cooking to get him to accept it). 5 chicken necks. His afternoon meal was 6 hard boiled eggs. His evening meal will be 1 leg quarter....2 if he will finish them.

He looks a bit thin to me, but we gave him a HW preventative yesterday. At 15 weeks, he is at risk of HW infestation from his dam if she was not on preventative.

I had to scold him twice this morning about puppy play with the kids. He is very respectful of the adult goats, but I think he misses playing with his brothers and tries to play with the kids. We made it clear that it is not acceptable behavior.

Soon I hope to let Aegis and Grace play. I think it would be good for both of them, but Aegis has to know his job first.

No comments:

Post a Comment